The American Civil Liberties Union of Ohio provides speakers to over 100 community groups, schools and professional organizations across the state annually. The speakers are members of the ACLU staff and board of directors, faculty at local colleges and universities, and other civil liberties experts and activists.
The ACLU can present on a variety of topics, including:
- Missing the Mark: Juvenile Justice in Ohio
- BUSTED – What to do When You’re Stopped by the Police
- The LGBT Rights Revolution and Where Ohio Fits
- National Security and Civil Liberties in the Age of Obama
- Students! Know Your Rights
The ACLU will work with you to select a date, time and topic that suits your organization and can usually provide a speaker at no cost.