Stuff Queer People Need To Know is looking to expand and we need your help. We’re looking for one-off op-ed pieces, contributing editors, interns and content partners to supplement the extensive cannon of Stuff Queer People Need To Know. We need queer people who are willing to share their knowledge, be it hyper local resources, social justice best practices, personal stories, power and privilege critiques or any other stuff queer people need to know.
Potential contributors should be LGBTQ-identified. Hailing from the Midwest is a plus. Passion for news, policy, accuracy and original reporting are a must.
Expectations for contributing editors and interns:
- A basic knowledge of media and copy writing
- Participate in a semimonthly editorial meeting
- Contribute at least one blog post per week
- A willingness to be compensated in knowledge gained and college credit earned
- A commitment to journalistic integrity
If any of this sounds like you, please send story ideas and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all posts are subject to editing and fact checking, and will become a permanent part of Stuff Queer People Need To Know’s extensive archive.